Preschool Storytime - Letter g

Today's 'g is for goose' craft
So much fun with letter 'g' today! We read a story about a girl who ABSOLUTELY wanted glasses and a gecko who just couldn't go to sleep!! Here is a recap of what we read, sang and created today! Feel free to have your child bring an item to each week's program...search your house with your child for items that begin with the letter "h" for next week's program!

Books we read today:

"I Really ABSOLUTELY Must Have Glasses," by Lauren Child
"Go To Sleep Gecko!," by Margaret Read MacDonald

Songs we sang today:
"These Are My Glasses" (Laurie Berkner)

These are my glasses (make glasses with your fingers)
This is my book (hands pressed together)
I put on my glasses (put on the glasses)
And open up the book (open your hands)
Now I read read read (hold out the "book")
And I look look look (look through the glasses)
I put down my glasses (put hands down) and…
WHOOP (clap hands together)
Close up the book.

"Echo Gecko" (Brian Kinder)

Hey everybody (hey everybody)
Tell you 'bout my gecko (tell you 'bout my gecko)
A funny little lizard (a funny little lizard)
He always likes to echo (he always likes to echo)
Come on let's go (come on let's go)
Echo like my gecko (echo like my gecko)

(echo clapping sequences and repeat chorus,
going faster each time)

No comments:

Post a Comment